Saturday, October 23, 2010

Updates after Round 3


Quick update from Greece...3 rounds are completed, 8 more to go in this marathon event.


Round 3 – I played Russian, Konstantin Bezotechestvo, and won the game comfortably on positional advantage and tactics after which I would have won his queen, so my opponent resigned. 2 good wins.


Round 2 – I played Welsh boy, Katsande Nyasha, and won the game with a nice checkmate combination in 2hrs. Good comeback. 9 more rounds to go…


Jet lag must have affected me in the first round. My dad made me take a powernap of 30min couple of hrs before the start of the round after doing lot of Google research on “naps”. Certainly, it seems to help.


Round 1 – I played Armenian, Artur Hoghmrtsyan, and what should have been a win, I ended up losing owing to a bad move in time pressure and mismanagement of the clock – trying to make 15 moves in 10 minutes in first time control. I will learn from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment