Monday, November 12, 2012

Rounds 5 and 6

Today I had an Indian doubleheader match. I played against Nitish Belurkar in the morning for round 5 and Abhimanyu Puranik in round 6. I won against Nitish after getting a good position from my prep. I sacrificed a piece in a tactical middlegame. I got back a rook so I was up and exchange in the endgame. I converted pretty easily. I played on the top ten boards against Abhimanyu Puranik, the top player from India. I got a slightly worse position out of the French Advanced which I needed to defend. I went into a bishop endgame pawn down, but I couldn't save the game. I am going into the rest day with 4/6, but if I stay strong in rounds 7-11, I can medal. We will probably go to Maribor on the rest day only because my dad wants to and then hit the thermal pool at the hotel.

BTW, My brother's team came second in soccer tournament. Go Muthu!

No comments:

Post a Comment