Friday, September 26, 2014

Craziness in the eighth!

Today, I had black against Zhandos Agmanov, a 2150 from Kazakhstan. We went into a French, but my opponent didn't prepare well for the line I played. He spent a large amount of time, but got a decent position. Then, he started attacking me, I thought for a long time, considering his queen sacrifice, and decided that I was better in the following position. If my opponent didn't sack his queen, he would have an even position. However, he thought for thirty minute before taking two pieces for the queen. Then, the onus was on me to prove that I was better. I found a strong move, forcing him to take a rook and a knight for a queen. Later I won another pawn, then we went into huge complications. He had a lot of mate and perpetual threats, but I eventually found a way to defend everything. Zhandos eventually succumbed to my far advanced past pawns. After this win, I have 6/8 and could possibly be paired up next round.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Master Vignesh! Three wins in a row and three rounds to go. Good skill to you!

    ReplyDelete