Saturday, December 28, 2013

End of the World Youth

          In the tenth round, I played against Cem Kaan Gokerkan from Turkey. I got a bad position from the opening, but fought back to a better position. Then, I went into a queen endgame which was winning. I guess I got tired because I blundered a perpetual check which forced a draw.
          In the eleventh round, I played against Teemu Virtanen from Finland. He lives in the Bay Area, but plays in the World Youth for his native country. I got a very good position out of the opening, but then messed up. I became worse, but he accepted a draw in the endgame.
          I finished with 6/11, my worst World Youth score. I played terribly in this tournament and I need to do a lot of work if I am going to South Africa next year.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Vignesh, You played well I Had seen your game which you are playing white you exchange bishop for 3 pawns the middle game .I played world youth but my score was bad too.You are a good player I just scored 4.5.You can try a medal from the next world!!!!!!!!!!!!.If you want to contact this is my email sha18309@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete