Friday, December 20, 2013

WYCC Round 3

          Another great breakfast which finished in twenty minutes! Surprisingly, today again was against a lower-rated player. I thought, "Phew!" I then looked up his past two opponents... He beat the fifth seed in the first round and then made another upset in the second. So much for lower-rated! At least he had some games, unlike my last opponent. I prepared surprises in four lines because I wasn't sure what he would play. It took my coaches and I around three hours to prepare the material. Lunch was a Subway sandwich. It was chicken tikka. A normal Subway filling, right? ;)
          My opponent was Isaev Chingis from KGZ. Anybody know what that is? We went into my surprise which wasn't a true surprise since he played his moves at bullet speed. I managed to mess up the prep that I had spent three hours on and got an equal position. I made some more mistakes and became worse. Then, he gave me almost four moves with tempo. Pleasantly surprised, I mounted an attack on his king. I sacked two knights, but then I got one back. He resigned under the onslaught. When I was analyzing, my coach said, "We'll take the win, but you need to take more time on the game!" Tomorrow is the dreaded double-round day. I am 99.99% that I will play up, but with the World Youth, you can never be sure. I think you can follow tomorrow's games at http://www.chessdom.com/world-youth-chess-u14-games-live/.

2 comments:

  1. I played with Isaev Chingis in the world but I lost with him.He is playing d4

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the game you saked two knights!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete