Thursday, December 19, 2013

WYCC Round 2

          The lines weren't long! We had breakfast in the morning very quickly and then came back to the room. I was planning to have my coaching session with Magesh Panchanathan, the USA coach who will prepare me through the tournament, at 10:30. However, the rounds already started getting tough so people took more time in the sessions. Eventually, we started at about 11. After we finished, I didn't even risk looking at the lunch line. Instead, my dad got Subway again. I don't think we are going to eat at the cafeteria anymore, except for breakfast.
          This round actually started on time! Everything was good to go and nobody got smushed. They used the bottle technique, as my dad says, where you let a few people go and then wait, before letting more go. My opponent was Malek Koniahli from Syria. He had only one game in the database. Therefore, I had to guess what opening he would play. As amazing as I am, I guessed correctly and my preparation (mainly my coach's prep) worked amazingly ;). In the normally boring French Exchange, which I hate to play against, I started attacking by throwing my pawns. Notice how this happened in yesterday's game too. I played well and eventually found a tactic which won me two pawns. My execution wasn't great. I gave him some chances, but overall one of my better games. Next round is probably the first round that I play against a higher rated opponent. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Off to a great start, keep it going.......The results aren't getting posted prompty and your posts are the first we are seeing on results.

    ReplyDelete