Saturday, December 21, 2013

Horrific Double Day

          In round 4, I was playing against the fourth seed, Francesco Rambaldi. My opening preparation was gone after the third move. I got an okay position, but then blundered. In round 5, I was playing against Nikolaos Theodorou from Greece. I got an okay position again, but did not understand the position well enough. This caused me to give him counter-play. He continued to outplay me throughout the endgame and then I was lost. I need to do a lot better to get back into the race. 

2 comments:

  1. There is still a lot of tournament left anything can happen, so keep fighting. We are rooting for you and hoping for good pairings and great results......Go Vignesh.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not even the half-way stage, and even the first seed is only 0.5 ahead of you! I enjoy your blog, which shows both maturity and flair, well beyond your age. Please keep fighting and writing. I'm sure you'll be among the prizes, so don't think passively or negatively. best wishes, Arjuna Parakrama

    ReplyDelete